Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Reid Edward

Our nephew, and Norah's newest cousin, was born today (December 7, 2010). My heart practically bursts at the mere thought of him. His name is Reid Edward T. and he is delicious. Amy had a scheduled c-section due to Reid being breech, and he made a screaming entrance into the world at exactly 12:29 pm. He weighed in at a chunkalicious 8 lbs and 15 ounces, and is 20.5 inches long. He apparently took a giant poop literally seconds after being born (this is his parents' child after all...), and were it not for that, the nurse said he would have easily passed the 9 lb mark.

Seriously, could he be any cuter?

If you took a picture of Amy and Mark and ran it through one of those "what would your baby look like" computer programs, this is exactly what you would get. Reid is the spitting image of them both.


I swear it looks as though he's almost smiling. Mark sent me a few 'fresh from the oven' pics, that I will refrain from posting on the internet (baby boy bits and all), and the kid is seriously smiling at 35 seconds old. A prodigy already.

Reid spent about 3 hours in the nursery this afternoon due to low blood sugar and low body temperature, but it appears as though everything is 100% normal now and is now with his mom and dad for the duration of their hospital stay.

Norah and I will fly out there Thursday night and I can hardly contain myself until then. When asked what she will do when she sees him, she reports "hug and kiss him and buy him a candy cane from the supermarket." Done.

6 comments:

aileen said...

Super cute baby! Congratulations!

Natalie said...

That baby is totally delicious. I agree- child prodigy with the smiling at 5 minutes old. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH he is just so cute! I love these pictures and I just want to squesh him! I hope you and Norah have a great time during your visit with the family. Please give our love to everyone.

Kristy said...

So cute and exciting! Tell Amy I say congrats!

k-dog studios said...

i love big babies. he looks totally scrumptious! enjoy your trip to TX.

Maryellen said...

Reid does look like both Amy and Mark! He is beautiful!!!! I think it's awesome that you and Norah will get to see him today!