Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No More Diapers: Day Three (Tuesday)

We successfully completed the "3 day potty training method" and I am confident in calling it a success. Norah continued to pee on the potty all day today with no accidents. Ruby and Caleb came over to keep her company this morning, and even though she was excited and distracted by them, the lure of m&m's convinced her to keep at it. She took another good, long nap in underwear and woke up completely dry.

I had a moment of panic post nap when I realized that today was the day I was supposed to take dinner to a new mom from my local mother's club and I had completely forgotten about it. Thankfully, we had BVZ's homemade chicken tortilla soup (just think at this time 3 years ago, his only specialty was chicken nugget salad) that I packed up with all the fixings. But, I needed bread and dessert, so although it was against the rules Norah and I made a run to the grocery store and then dropped off dinner.

As an aside, Norah loves taking dinner to new moms because she gets to see the babies. In fact, the promise of a baby is the only thing that gets her to agree to come with me. Unfortunately, the house had a weird gate and so instead of going up to the door, the dad just came out to pick up the food. Norah said 'hi' and asked what the baby's name was (Chloe) and then we left. As soon as we got in the car she burst into tears because she wanted to see the baby so badly.

Poop still eluded us, though. As soon as we got home, she had a 10 ounce cup full of pear juice (well, about 25% of it was juice, the rest water). Sure enough, within about 10 minutes of finishing her drink she got the 'look' on her face and made a beeline for the bathroom. She then proceeded to poop the biggest poop I have ever seen in my life (yes, I took a picture, and no, I promise not to post it-I did however immediately email it to my sisters and BVZ). She immediately exclaimed, "my tummy doesn't hurt anymore and I get TWO m&m's!"

We had a great dinner and a fun time with BVZ once he got home. I was ready to pronounce her the perfect potty trainer when it happened. She and I were sitting on the couch playing Jessie/Buzz/Woody and out of no where she started yelling, "Mom, oh no! Oh, no Mom! Moooooooom!" and then proceeded to pee the contents of her 10 ounce cup right onto the couch. She asked BVZ to take her to the bathroom and then sat on the potty and peed a ton more.

She wanted to help clean it up but accepted my assurances that it was no big deal and she was still doing great. I am really proud of her. The true test in my mind, though, starts tomorrow when we finally get to LEAVE THE HOUSE. Wish us luck.

(Tonight after Norah went to bed and BVZ and I settled onto the (now pee free) couch with dinner and a movie, I managed to knock my iphone completely into my glass of water. ARRGGGHHHH. That means, I am without an ability to make calls, text, download cute pictures from today, or play words with friends. That sucks so bad.)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

That is awesome! Go Nora! Livi has been out of diapers since June and it is amazing! Just wait until she goes overnight and is still dry in the morning. It's the little things in life!

aileen said...

That is SOOOO awesome! I am dreading potty training.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Way to go Norah! That is awesome. You have to get one of those travel toliets -they are a life saver.

Maryellen said...

I love how I can completely picture the goings on of your life.