Monday, December 27, 2010

No More Diapers: Day Two (Monday)

I am knocking on every piece of wood I can find, because Operation Potty Train is going better than I ever could have expected. Norah consistently peed on the potty all day today of her own accord and did not have a single accident. I was a little concerned about nap time because she refused my offer of a pull up, and I would have bet $100 that I would have had a load of gross laundry this afternoon. But, she went potty right before she went to bed and woke up completely dry. I was stoked.

She asked me to go with her to the bathroom almost every time she went and then wanted me to pee as well. Luckily, Funkhouser makes it so I have to go about every 15 seconds, so we were a good pair. We both enjoyed an m&m each time. I am really proud of her.

No pooping again today, but no stomach ache. That's the next hurdle.

I feel really good about where she's at, but would be lying if I didn't say that I am totally paranoid about our first venture out of the house. We are not used to spending so much time at home (the recommendation is not even to go to the park during the first 3 days), and are getting a bit of cabin fever. Thankfully, we have playdate reinforcements coming over tomorrow, which will be a welcome relief.

We did a lot of water coloring.

Log building (apparently this is "a submarine on my computer")

and finger painting.

We also watched a movie and 2 episodes of Curious George. There are a lot of hours to fill in a day at home!

No comments: