Monday, December 20, 2010

Not Too Sick For Cupcakes

The worst part of Norah's weekend snottiness/fever was that we had a birthday party to go to on Sunday afternoon. The gorgeous and incomparable Baby Kevin turned one! (well, officially one on Wednesday.) I was so bummed to miss it, but wasn't going to be responsible for a whole group of kids getting cooties. But, then I had a brilliant idea! I could go without her! I left Norah and BVZ cuddled up on the couch watching football. They were thrilled.

Going to a kid's party without your kid is totally awesome. This is because 1) I got to hang out with people I really like without having to worry if my kid was licking their tv, 2) I got to eat delicious food without having to spend 20 minutes cutting up my kid's food and then another 20 minutes cleaning up the plate of cut up food she would have inevitably dropped on the floor, 3) I got to pay attention to all of the other really cute kids, and 4) I got to actually sit down for longer than 35 seconds. Norah may never get to go to a birthday party again.

Kevin was fabulous and the party was a ton of fun. K's mom sent home cupcakes for Norah and BVZ. (As a side note, when I got home I found the two of them walking around the neighborhood looking at holiday lights. In the freezing cold rain. Norah was wearing just a fleece. And non-waterproof boots that were soaking wet from all of the puddles he let her jump in. And I wonder why the kid is sick? But on the upside, he DID feed her dinner!) Anyway, I told Norah since she was sick we would save her cupcake for another time. No way. She told me in no uncertain terms that she was NOT too sick for a cupcake.

K's party favor was a bag of all natural powder paints (just add water) made from plants. Such a cute idea. The pomegranate one kept someone occupied for the entire time it took me to make dinner tonight. Fabulous.


(Someone needs a haircut.)

2 comments:

k-dog studios said...

Love this post especially the 'licking the TV' comment - so true! So glad N enjoyed the paints. we haven't tried them yet but maybe it's a next week activity.

Maryellen said...

You're hilarious. I'm with Norah. No matter how sick I am I'm always up for a cupcake, or brownie, or cookie...