Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Wiped

This is how Norah and I looked by the end of the day today. We were wiped.

I was worn out from work and a fetus kicking the crap out of me all day. Norah said she was worn out from "playing with Ruby like it's my job." BVZ didn't make it home before bath, so we had a picnic (ie, tv) dinner.

Lately, she's favored this PBS show called "The Cat In The Hat Knows a Lot About That" over her boyfriend Curious George. I am always there when she watches it but I am usually doing 19 or so other things so I don't pay that close of attention. Tonight we snuggled and ate dinner and I asked her a lot of questions about the show. I knew the little girl was Sally but I didn't know the boys name, so I asked her and she said, "he's a dick." I asked her again and she repeated, "he's a dick." My first instinct was that BVZ was going to KILL me (because clearly, she must have heard that from me). About 5 minutes later, the Cat clarified that the boys name was in fact NICK (I think Norah must have been saying "he's Nick.") Whew.

After dinner we spent 45 minutes playing Norah's current favorite game, which is "Santa." The way it works is that I lay on the couch under a blanket pretending to sleep and Norah stomps around on the "roof" with her reindeer. I then have to wake up and say "Santa, Santa, I am so happy that you are here." She then tells me that I have been a very good girl and kisses my cheek and then puts my "present" in my hand. Tonight my present was a piece of invisible cheese. She's a good Santa.

No comments: