Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Funkhouser Update: Week 32

Holy smokes, week 32. We got shifted on the hospital schedule a bit and it looks like unless he decides to make an earlier appearance, Funkhouser's birthday will be February 28. Which is kind of cool because Norah is a 28th and maybe this way BVZ will be able to remember their birthdays (just kidding, honey).

We started NST's (non-stress tests) this morning, and will continue them every week until he's born. Basically it consisted of me hanging out in an exam room strapped to a fetal heart and uterine contraction monitor. They are looking to make sure his heart rate fluctuates appropriately and I am not contracting unnecessarily. Funks did NOT like the monitor and every time the nurse would settle in on his heart beat he would give a swift kung fu chop and the monitor (think something that looks and feels like a light-weight hockey puck) would literally pop off. She had to re-position everything every 10 minutes or so and I ended up having to be monitored for over an hour, instead of the scheduled 40 minutes. She kept apologizing that it was taking so long and I kept telling her that spending an hour with my feet up, reading US Weekly was literally my dream come true.

There are 5 different OB's in the practice and so I am trying to meet all of them just in case Funks comes early and my OB isn't available. The doctor I met today was awesome and totally empathetic to my sleep woes. She gave me some suggestions and then said if it didn't get better soon we could talk about the most glorious word I have heard in a while....Ambien.

We are now past the point when the PUPPPS (ie, the rash from the deep dark depths of hell) started last time. I am cautiously optimistic.

How far along?: 32 weeks. We're getting close.

Weight: I am on track to gain about 30 lbs total. Which is fine. I think the thing I will miss most about being pregnant is the nightly bowl of ice cream. Is that wrong?

Sleep: Horrible. See previous posts for long lists of complaints.

Gender: All boy.

Movement: All of the time. Especially at 3:00 am. He is no longer breech, which really shouldn't matter, but ultimately is a good thing (so we don't have to worry about his hips).

Feeling: No rash, so no complaints. Let's just say I am not exactly a chipper, glowing, pregnant lady.

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular, but the other day I would have given just about anything for some Dan-Dan Noodles from PF Changs.

Fetal fruit: Honeydew!

Posts have been woefully lacking in pictures lately, so here's a few. Norah's big girl room is starting to come together (I hope to be finished with it this weekend so she can move in). The mattress finally got here and she is IN LOVE with her new bed.

And Baby Cousin Reid, who is a month old and perfectly delicious.

4 comments:

Tucker said...

Go Funky Go!!!!

k-dog studios said...

N's room looks fantastic. So glad she loves it.

Maryellen said...

Oh my goodness you're getting close! That's way exciting! Also, I can totally see why Norah is in love with her new bed. It's adorable!

Jennifer said...

um, why does the nightly bowl of ice cream have to stop when you're no longer pregnant? No, really, why??