Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Camera

I have been wanting a DSLR camera for a really long time, and so we finally took advantage of the good Christmas sales and got one. I really like it but have not had much of a chance to play with it (sadly, it sat in the box for almost 2 weeks after it arrived). I swore to myself I wouldn't only use the automatic setting, but baby steps, right?

Last weekend I tried it out for the first time while BVZ and Norah were playing little girls.

I thought this was a sweet one.


For no apparent reason (at least not one that I can actually remember), she got really mad about something and much crying ensued.

I call this one, "Art Garfunkel throws a fit."


She likes to inform us, "these are REAL tears!" (When she throws a fit about whatever the latest crisis is I always ask her, 'is this real or are you faking?' Usually she is honest and tells me, 'faking.')


Recovery was quick and little girl playing quickly resumed.

These pictures took on average one million times longer to upload than my normal photos. I am hoping the connection was just slow or the site was sluggish, because it will drive.me.crazy if DSLR photos are always going to take this long to upload.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Am I really lame that I don't know what a DSLR camera is?

We need a new camera. Our's is being held together with a wee little strip of duct tape. Classy.

k-dog studios said...

yay! at least it's out of the box. HUGE first step.

j says you should 'down-res' the photos before you try to upload. I feel your frustration. We just moved our computer to wireless and I haven't been able to upload anything so we're switching back to hard-wire.

Stephanie said...

Love the pics, lower your resolution settings and the pictures will download much faster

Jennifer said...

It always takes that long to upload - I do it overnight :)

What exactly is playing little girls and what is BVZ's role?

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Mine take forever to load too.