Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby Ballet: Week 2

Today was Norah's second ballet class and the first no-parents one. She could hardly contain herself all week (about the class, not the no-parents part, I think) and asked every day if it was ballet day. When she woke up this morning she wanted to immediately put on her dress. She was very excited. I was very nervous. To be perfectly honest, 98% of my nervousness was due to the fact that she didn't poop at all yesterday and I knew we were in for a big one. (As a way too much information aside, I consider myself lucky because she has always been a once a day or once every other day kind of pooper. When she goes, she GOES, but once she's done I know we are safe for a while. I purposely gave her some watered down pear juice with breakfast, and voila, it worked like a charm and I could breathe a little easier).

We made the 2 minute walk to class (well, I waddled very slowly while Norah made BVZ chase her) and as soon as we got there she was fine. I don't think she even noticed we left. We could see her through the window (see my failure at a picture below), but she paid us no attention at all. She did great and loved every second of it. I hate to say it, but she likes ballet about one million times more than she liked soccer. We are certainly not giving up on soccer and will do it again once the weather is a little warmer, but man. The kid loves ballet.

I totally get why it is a no-parent class and I have to say it much better that way. All the kids who couldn't listen and misbehaved were perfect, charming little angels without their parents around. Even that jerk Austin did a great job. Maybe it's his parents that are really the jerks.

4 comments:

k-dog studios said...

such an independent little miss. Glad she's having so much fun!

meganastone said...

It's totally the parents. Every grade does a performance at my school. There is one during the school day for the students and one at night for the parents. Imagine my surprise my first year when I discovered the night performance was terrible because the parents were TERRIBLE. They stand on chairs, yell to their kids, answer their cell phones, talk to their neighbors. It's crazy! Now I tell the kids to ignore their parents at night because they don't know how to follow rules.

P.S. I saw a review for Cinderella Ate My Daughter and thought of you.

Nayoung said...

Audrey will be doing a drop off ballet class starting next week....no more mommy and me dance class so we shall see how it goes...

Maryellen said...

Adorable. I hope there's a picture of Norah in a tutu soon. :)