Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Funday

We had a jam packed day today. Things kicked off with brunch at our house with the K-F family. It was so enjoyable that I didn't take a single picture. The K-F's have almost 11 year old twin boys as well as a 2 year old girl. The twins entertained the toddlers in Norah's room after we ate and the grown ups got to talk uninterrupted for a whole hour. At one point I went to check on the kids and Norah told me, 'I love you mom, please go away' and then asked me to close the door. I hope the boys are available for babysitting gigs.

Ruby got to go to a pumpkin patch yesterday and Norah has been obsessed with pumpkins since seeing the pictures. We got her to take a nap today by promising we'd go to a patch this afternoon. It was after 3:00 pm by the time we were ready to go so instead of going to a legit pumpkin patch (you know, the ones with animals, hay, and shade), we tried to cut some corners and took her to a parking lot pumpkin patch on El Camino.

At first we were stoked because it looked really cool-with bouncy houses galore so we didn't even balk at the $9 per kid entrance fee.

It was a really neat place-for the over 6 crowd. The houses were very cool, but way too advanced for Norah. Most had huge slides and required the kid be able to navigate inflatable ladders. Parents weren't allowed in the houses, so we couldn't even get in there to help her out.

So, we concentrated on the pumpkins on the burning hot asphalt. I always forget how hot it is here in October. I really can't complain about the weather here too much, but October needs to be about sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes. Instead, it's just hot.



Norah did venture into the ark bouncy house and after about 10 minutes figured out how to get up the ladder (see it in the background? It's hard to get up!)

This is what it looked like from the outside. See that lady? She kept yelling at her kids, 'hurry up! I need a snow cone!' Me too, lady.

Thinking about going down the slide.

Cowabunga! See BVZ back there? He snuck in once Norah was at the top yelling, 'I'm stuck, I'm stuck!' Thankfully he did not slide down.

We had a moment when Norah realized she wasn't going to get to go into the giant shark bouncy house, but crisis was averted when we told her she could pick out two pumpkins of her choice.

She touched, patted, hugged (and may have licked) them all.





We ended up with two that she originally named Norah and Ruby, but then later changed to Beauty and The Beast, and then later Belle and Daddy. [As a quick aside, she is currently obsessed with the main song from Beauty and the Beast. She has never seen the movie and I don't think knows anything about the story, but she and Ruby watch the YouTube video of the song with Pam and it is her current favorite. She can sing the last refrain, 'tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beeeeeeaaassssst.' She sings loud and frequently. I keep trying to get it on video-it will happen soon, I promise.]

Gigi was also here today because she flew into SFO from Moscow last night. Gigi and Aunt Vanessa had been on vacation in Russia and they brought Norah the coolest present of all time-Russian nesting dolls.

To say she loves them would be a gross understatement. After just a few tries she became quite adept at organizing them, opening them, and making me talk to her pretending to be them. It was a GREAT present.

This is what she did every time I asked her if I could take a picture of her with her dolls.



Fun Sunday. Clearly going to be a manic Monday.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

That's definitely a fun Sunday. I love how Norah licked then named her pumpkins. I bought a pumpkin yesterday and I'm sad to report that I didn't get that intimate with it. I should though. I think I'll name it Pony Boy.