Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Firegirls

I live for updates about what the girls are doing while I am at work and this was the email (and pictures) that came through yesterday:

We set out for our walk today being astronauts looking for dinosaurs (yes we watched that episode of Caillou again!) since we looked for Halloween decorations on yesterday's walk. As we arrived at Cafe Zoe for our bagel, so did two fire trucks filled with firemen to get some coffee. After striking up a conversation with Ruby and Norah, they invited the girls to sit in the truck and gave them fire hats to keep! A great morning for sure.
PS Since Norah had a dress on today, Ruby wanted her ballerina skirt on over her jeans. One of the firemen said he had a young daughter and recognized the look!


I was really excited to hear that Norah loved climbing up in the truck since she tends to be shy around strangers sometimes (I am sure that having the brave and ballsy Ruby around didn't hurt!), and I don't think she took her new hat off for more than a minute the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

Sooooo cute.

Jennifer said...

We got to do the same thing in San Diego and it was soo awesome. Why are firefighters so nice? And so cute? (my mom texts me whenever she's out somewhere and firemen show up)