Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reaction

We told Norah that she is not in fact getting a sister, but rather a brother. She said, "okay." We've been talking a lot about how she will get to move into a big girl room and the baby will take her 'baby' room. Every time she tells me that she wants to baby to sleep in her bed. With her. About an hour after we told her about her brother she said, "my brother sleeps in my bed, please. With me." She was sitting on the potty tonight and there was a full roll of toilet paper right next to a half roll. She said about the big roll, "this is for me" and about the little roll, "this is for my brother." I think she's into it. BVZ and I were talking baby names tonight (don't ask, we got nowhere) and every time I made a suggestion Norah would announce, "I don't like it." We asked her what she wanted to name him and she said. "Grover. No, Caillou." She doesn't get a vote anymore.

The only person more excited about the prospect of another girl was Megan. Stephanie texted me this afternoon that she broke the boy news and Megan said, and I quote, "Are you serious? Shouldn't the doctor have known before now? I mean, how hard is it to see a penis*, I mean it just hangs out there. It's hard to miss." It is so awesome being 9. Trevor apparently listened to her tirade and said, "yeah, that is true. But, yay! Boys are now winning, 3 to 2!" Yes, indeed they are Trevor. Yes, indeed.

The following pictures are unrelated but cute....

Norah has never been a big juice drinker and we've never pushed it. Recently we got some Odwalla Superfood juice which is kind of thick and green and full of good stuff. She loves it. A half gallon of the stuff also costs more than a gallon of organic milk, so we dole it out sparingly (like about a shot glass amount a day). We were out of it this evening so I placated her with orange (ie, "yellow" juice). She told me, "green is much better than yellow."

I told her when I got home from work that her hair looked really pretty. After I took a picture of her with her juice she said, "Mom, my hair looks really pretty. Take a picture of it."

Introducing Mini-Me.

*For the record, this is the first appearance of the word penis on this blog. I fear it definitely won't be the last.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

We recently asked Spencer if he wanted a brother or a sister. He thought really hard about it and then, very seriously, responded that he wanted a brother because he doesn't like girls. And he would totally agree with Norah on naming a brother Caillou.

P.S. That is some gorgeous hair.

Maryellen said...

Boys are definitely winning in your family. I think they're making a come back. For awhile it seemed like everyone I knew was having little girls.

Jennifer said...

I like the sound of 'Caillou Vanderzanden'.