Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cooking

Norah has been really into helping me cook lately, which I dig. Tonight she asked for a scrambled egg and not only did she help break the shell but she helped to cook it and added the cheese. I took the pan off the heat and turned my back for less than a split second to spoon it on her plate and when I turned back I discovered that she had dumped the rest of the cheese on the stove (thankfully not on the heat) and was shoveling handfuls of it into her mouth. I am always encouraging her to stuff food into her face, so I couldn't even be mad.

(There was way more on the floor). I helped her clean it up. When we were done she patted me on the shoulder and said, "thanks for the help, Hon." Hon is her new term of endearment. I am not sure where she got it from. I call BVZ Honey sometimes, but never Hon. Perhaps she was an old southern woman in a former life.

2 comments:

k-dog studios said...

if you only knew years ago that the key to eating success would be to have Norah make her own food.

Maryellen said...

Norah is a smart chicky. Cheese rocks.