Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rainy Sunday

It finally feels like fall around here, and nothing could make me happier. It poured all day long today and even though it ruined our plans to go to Happy Hollow with T & S, it meant we could take it easy and play inside all day. This morning we watched The Princess and the Frog, which as far as princess movies go wasn't so bad. On a scale of offending my delicate feminist sensibilities it was only about a 3. Of course Norah loved it.

After lunch I broke out what I had been saving for just this occasion-finger paints. Beyond a great time, and entertained her for a good 45 minutes. I got Crayola paint, which was non-toxic and wiped off of everything very easily. But the colors were great and Norah's favorite part by far was when I would spread the paint all over her hand and she would slam it down on the paper, creating a perfect hand print.



Her masterpiece. I am totally hanging it up in my office tomorrow.

Later we decided to make Halloween cookies for the neighbors and Norah was legitimately good at rolling out the dough.

She wasn't quite as good at decorating, so once it stopped raining BVZ took her out to splash in puddles while I repaired her handiwork.

During bath time we played her new favorite game-permutations of her as the grown up and me as the baby. Tonight she 'baked' cookies while I cried because I wanted one. Then she took them out of the oven but I still couldn't have one because it was so hot. Then she ate up all the cookies and wouldn't give the baby any. I suspect it was payback for the fact that I wouldn't let her have 1) one with frosting, and 2) 17 more after her allotted cookie.

I will take a rainy Sunday any day of the week.

5 comments:

Nayoung said...

It is a masterpiece!!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a perfect day

TSG said...

As always your posts make me look forward to being a parent. However, just as your child has your sass and independence, mine will likely have my filter....I'm in trouble.

Maryellen said...

John is requesting a warning before half naked baby pictures. He says, "Whoa, whoa, whoa" and then covers his eyes.

By the way, I think Norah's new game is hilarious.

k-dog studios said...

what a super fun sunday