Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Funkhouser Update: Week 21

Funkhouser continues to do swimmingly. We have had a total of 3 fetal echocardiograms thus far and will continue to do them every other week (on the even weeks) until further notice. The cardiologist suspected we would go to once a week at some point, but as long as things continue to look as good as they have been that might not be necessary. The echos are very time consuming, but I totally like getting to see Funkhouser so often because I am paranoid (shocking, I know). I stole this little meme from a friend's blog and thought it would be a cute and useful way to relate some mundane info. Don't worry, I won't do it too often....

How far along?: 21 weeks.

Weight: No way I am revealing numbers, but I am up only 8 lbs. Which is pretty good considering I am still hanging on to 20+ lbs of Norah. This may change after I eat all of her Halloween candy on Sunday.

Sleep: Shockingly, it is pretty good. I am a life long insomniac and I had major sleep issues during the pregnancy with Norah, so maybe it is all just 34 years finally catching up with me. I have tried to cut down on my water intake close to bed time so I am only getting up a few times to pee, but thankfully am able to go right back to sleep. I busted out the Snoogle pillow the other night and that's making a difference for my back. I have started having weird baby dreams. Now, every time I had a baby related dream when pregnant with Norah, the baby always had a baby body but an adult head and could talk in full sentences, etc. I am sure some dream interpretation book would tell me this means I need to be heavily medicated, but that's how it goes in my head. The other night I had a dream that I was driving Funkhouser around and I looked in the rear view mirror to check on him. He was a cute little baby with the head of John C. Reilly.

Gender: Still a boy. At last week's echo I asked the tech to check. At first he said, "if I had to make a guess I would go with girl" and I thought %^&gffi$%^! But then Funkhouser moved and he said, "oops, nope. All boy." Geesh.

Movement: He's moving a LOT. And I am surprised I can feel it as much as I do because the placenta is anterior (meaning it is at the front of the uterus instead of at the back like it is supposed to be), so he really must be kicking the crap out of me. He is currently breech, so all of the movement from the feet is directly on my bladder.

Feeling: Okay, I guess. As I recently described it to someone, "I feel like crap every other day now instead of every day." I have some bad sciatica on the right side (sharp shooting back pain) that flares up every once in a while. The weather has really gotten cold (which I like), but it aggravates all of my connective tissue issues and my skin has been really angry and irritated. One of the freaky things that happens is Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, which every once in a while causes some of my fingertips, and less often the tips of my toes, to lose color. It isn't a big deal, but is kind of a pain (if you click on the link, don't panic. What happens to me is NOWHERE as near as severe as those pictures).

Food Cravings: Nothing really, just lots of aversions. Specifically to any and all kinds of meats (including fish). I can't cook it and can barely eat it. I do okay if it is in a casserole, soup, covered in sauce, etc. but sometimes even that is pushing it. Not much sounds good, other than my nightly bowl of ice cream.

Fetal fruit (There is a website that compares the size of the fetus every week to a different fruit): Banana.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

I love the updates. Please keep them coming. I'm happy to know things are going well and I think a baby with a John C. Reilly head would be nothing short of awesome.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Great update

Jennifer said...

Nightly ice cream?? Who would do that? Great post :)