Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Working It

I have never for one second questioned my decision to go back to work after my maternity leave. It is better for me, it is better for Norah, and it is definitely better for BVZ. That's not to say that two (almost) full time jobs in one family doesn't come with its own set of challenges, but it really has been the right fit for our family. I really like my job and the people I work with and I LOVE that four days a week I get to go to the bathroom by myself whenever I want. It certainly has helped a ton that as much as I love to go to work, Norah loves to go to Ruby's house. The girls are so good for each other and they couldn't have a better caregiver than Pam. It has been amazing in the past few months to see how much their interactions have changed. They engage in cooperative and imaginative play and on a daily basis Norah reminds me just how much she loves them both.




Norah has been a bit clingy since I have been home from my quick El Paso trip. She legitimately missed me, which I love, but it makes me so sad that she was so sad while I was gone. Since I have been back she wants to be with me all of the time and won't even let BVZ get her out of bed in the morning (she sits there and demands I come get her. It's cute-for now). Yesterday when I was packing her bag for Ruby's she started to cry and told me that she wanted to stay with me. It broke my heart a little bit and I told her that Ruby and Pam would miss her so much. She said, "no, Mom. I go to Ruby's. You just go too."

2 comments:

meganastone said...

They look like Thelma and Louise on the car together!

P.S. Make sure BVZ knows that's a Niners hat =)

JAMS' HOUSE said...

Jamie will feel better knowing Brian gets the same treatment. The other morning when Jamie went to get her out of bed AM told Jamie “Get out now Daddy, Mom downstairs now”.