Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Hollow

There is a zoo/petting zoo/little kid amusement park down in San Jose called Happy Hollow. I thought Norah would enjoy it but I have resisted taking her because I hate crowds. Especially crowds with a lot of kids. But, today we had a chance to hang out with one of my favorite friends Tara and her adorable kiddo Sean (who will be 3 this November).

Norah loved the carousal. Really, really loved the carousal. Like, I think we went on it 17 times. All of my pictures are extreme close-ups because I was a helicopter mom who had a hand on her at all times.



iWe never made it to the big zoo part, but checked out the lemurs.

And the goats. We have been to petting zoos before and Norah has always been really skittish around the animals, but this time she was totally into petting them (eww) and feeding them (eww, eww). As a funny aside, one of her favorite books right now is 'Curious George Feeds the Animals' and George gets into big trouble for feeding animals at the zoo his popcorn. Norah needed a lot of reassurance that it was okay to feed the goats goat food.




In the amusement park area is a GIGANTIC play structure. This shows about an eighth of what was there. Norah can be cautious sometimes at parks, especially when there are a lot of bigger kids around, so imagine my surprise when she went bananas climbing up, sliding down, traversing rope courses, etc. I have no pictures except for the first one because I was killing myself trying to prevent her from killing herself (and yes, she went down THAT slide!).

Her bravery continued when it came to the rides. I think maybe it was the fact that she was completely smitten with Sean, but the kid literally had no fear.









You have never seen two kids so happy as these guys were as soon as they got a popsicle.

More carousal on the way out.

It was a great day. I can't wait to take Norah (and this time BVZ) back.

4 comments:

Nayoung said...

17 times!!! wow. We should go together some time, Audrey liked it so much, we actually got a membership.

on the verge said...

Wow, all they had when bro and I were kids was a very pre-remodeled Fairyland -- that and sticks we could use to try and inflict bodily harm upon one another. Niecey-poos got it goooood. Way to go, San Jose!

aileen said...

Next time you go let me know! Maybe Norah's adventurous side will rub off on Caleb. When we went on his birthday he wanted nothing to do with the rides. He did love the ginormous playground.

Jennifer said...

ha - I wouldn't let Ava go on that big slide. I was chasing after her too on the gigantic play area and getting pushed aside by bigger kids. That thing stressed me out!