Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't Hit!

Norah is very into 'reading' her books and so will often times yell out words or phrases. For example, we read her Sandra Boyton book 'Dinosaurs' together.

Me: Dinosaurs...
Norah: Happy!
Me: Dinosaurs...
Norah: Sad!
Me: Dinosaurs...
Norah: Good!
Me: Dinosaurs...
Norah: Bad!

You get the idea. Her other favorite one to recite is 'Curious George Feeds the Animals' which is actually a good thing because I have read it 9,567,802 times and there would be something wrong with her if she didn't have it memorized.

I have written before how much Norah loves the Maurice Sendak book 'Pierre.' It was my book as a kid and I am not sure it is even in print anymore. Pierre's mom and dad and even a lion all try to have a conversation with him, but the only thing Pierre will say is 'I don't care.' Finally the lion eats him. At the hospital the doctor shakes him loose and having faced a near death experience, Pierre finally admits he cares. The final line of the book is: "The lion took them home to rest and stayed on as a weekend guest. And the moral of the story is..... CARE!'

Last night we were reading it and I paused after, 'and the moral of the story is....' And Norah yelled,

DON'T HIT!

Ha. I will take it.

No comments: