Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Talk to Me

Lately Norah has been doing this thing where she makes her toys 'talk' to her. Basically, that means she demands that BVZ or I use a funny voice to have a conversation with her pretending to be one of her toys. Her favorites for this purpose are Baby, Rusty the Wrench (from her Handy Manny toolbox), and her little girls (from the Little People tree house). It's actually kind of useful right now because she will do things when Rusty asks her to do it (ie, finish her veggies), which would otherwise get ignored.

She and BVZ played a lot of little girls last weekend as evidenced by the fact that she told me when I got back from El Paso that their names were: Little Girl 1, Cinderella, and Rambo (BVZ admitted he felt put on the spot when she asked what their names were and that's the best he could come up with on such short notice).

This is the email I got earlier today:

This morning while we were playing little girls, n screamed "Rambo talk to me!" Awesome.

I think Rambo is the one with black hair, but I still get confused.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

That's hilarious. I love how little kids will listen to things like toys or puppets. I have to admit I've had to use that technique even at school before. It was a special situation.

k-dog studios said...

at which point bvz said "they drew first blood"