Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Maui Wowie

We made it to Maui! Why in the world am I blogging about it NOW, you might ask? Because I don't deal well with time change and am wide awake at 4:00 am while the rest of the family is still socked out. We did go to bed at like 7:30 last night (granted it was 10:30 our time, so I did get a decent night's sleep).

Travel with a two year old is hard, even when said two year old is exceptionally pleasant and well behaved. Our only questionable moment was when she was furious at me because I wouldn't let her eat ice she dumped on the airplane floor. She was up early, only got a quick 30 minute nap in the car, but was still having a fabulous time.

We are staying at the Westin Resort and Spa in Maui and it is gorgeous. The lobby has a giant lagoon complete with waterfalls, flamingos, koi fish, and swans. Guess where we've been spending most of our time so far?

We were there before check in time so we hung out while the room was getting ready. Norah charmed the ladies working for the hotel and scored herself multiple flowers for her hair and a fresh flower lei. While were sitting there a family who was checking out gave her all of their pool toys. We had to confiscate the yellow noodle because she kept trying to go 'fishing' for koi with it.




Norah has only been swimming a handful of times (swimming lessons-we need to get on them, I know) because she loves the water but it still kind of apprehensive about it. But she was SO excited about going to the pool and couldn't wait to get out there.

The resort has 7 pools, 4 of which are interconnected by waterfalls. She insisted upon going under the waterfalls and although she got doused with water she seemed to like it. There is also an adult pool with a swim up bar. Sadly I don't think we even get to see it.




After the pool we went to the beach. Which was awesome. But, I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy preventing Norah from being swept out to sea and burying her in the sand. We've got 5 more days for pictures. Aloha!

7 comments:

aileen said...

Resort looks beautiful. Have a wonderful vacation.

Maryellen said...

Oh my goodness I'm soooooo happy for you guys. Maui so far has been my very favorite place to be ever. We stayed at the Sheraton but ate breakfast three or four times at the Westin. We also walked passed it several times.

Have fun!

Natalie said...

Jealous. That's all I have to say. JEALOUS.

meganastone said...

We're joining you next time! Have fun!

Ave said...

I am SOOO jealous. Have a great time!

Tucker said...

Soak it up! I miss you all!!

Jennifer said...

I am soooo JEALOUS . . . .but I hope you had a great vacation. The flower in Norah's hair looked adorable. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.