Sunday, September 19, 2010

IKEA

Today (a Sunday), BVZ was in the office before 9:00 am. He's still there (at 4:00 pm). I told Norah we could either go to the zoo or IKEA and she choose IKEA. I desperately needed to get frames for the professional pictures we had done over a YEAR ago and Norah is always happy to help. We played in the kids section for a while and Norah was stoked to go on the little baby slide. While she was climbing up the ladder, some giant girl (who seriously had to be at least 5 years old) started making her way up the ladder as well, and pushed right past Norah.

I said, 'sweetheart, wait a minute, this little girl was on here first' and she totally ignored me, so I said, 'please wait your turn.' She bullied her way up to the top (mind you this is a LITTLE kids slide and Norah is taller than the entire thing). Then the little brat proceeded to sit on the top of the slide and kick her legs, refusing to slide down. I said, 'why don't you slide down so the other kids can take their turn' and she said 'NO' and laughed. Shockingly, her parents were no where to be found. Norah was confused and starting to get pissed so I said, 'it's okay Norie, we'll wait for her to go down because some little kids have NO IDEA how to take turns.'

As soon as I said that her mom showed up and told her to slide down because 'the store is full of bitchy people today.' I was so dumbfounded I couldn't even respond! WTF is wrong with people??

In other news, as we were about to walk downstairs Norah saw the cafeteria area and point blank asked me if we could have chicken nuggets. Now, my worst nightmare (okay, not really, but you get the hyperbole) is having the kid who will only eat chicken nuggets, but Norah is back to having 3 blueberries and some carpet fuzz for her entire daily caloric intake (she's finally getting those 2 year molars, and man, they're a bitch), so I made a game time decision and we shared a plate of chicken strips-which she inhaled.

We probably would have had the same thing at the zoo.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I hate people. Your ikea story is a perfect example of why I just want to stay home all the time.