Friday, September 24, 2010

Big Talk

Norah has an amazing vocabulary and command of language, but she gets shy sometimes around people and so not everyone is privy to the hilarity that comes out of her mouth. Lately, she has taken to telling me stories, usually about her day. She told me this the other night at dinner (in one run-on sentence):

"I pooped in my bed. My bed is in Megan's room. Pamma got me and gave me hug and kiss. Then took me downstairs to see Ruby. And fix my poop. And Pamma gave me a snack."

Pam said it was remarkably accurate.

Today we met up with Caleb and Lucas at the park and as we were leaving, Caleb and Norah gave each other a monster bear hug. Which ended with them toppling over and Norah whacking the back of her head against the ground (she's totally fine). Three hours later after her nap, as I was scrubbing the park dirt from under her finger nails, she told me:

"I go to the park and Caleb hugs me and then I falled. And cried, cried, cried. And Aileen picked me up and gave me hug. Aileen so nice. Aileen loves me soooo much. Then I got you and you hug me too. And we sit in the car and I cry, cry, cry. I love Aileen. Aileen gave me cookie."

Again, a remarkably accurate representation of our morning!

2 comments:

aileen said...

Yup! Norah got it very accurate! I do love her! Thanks for such a fun time!

Kristin said...

video please!