Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Maui Saturday (Day Six)

Saturday was our last day in Maui. We have traveled enough with Norah to know that we need to allot a LOT of time to get to the airport, through security, buy water, etc., so we figured we needed to leave the Westin by 10. I thought that would give us plenty of time to go for a swim, maybe a walk on the beach, eat breakfast, pack, shower, and be on our way. BVZ brilliantly put the kibosh on my plan and said we had enough time to get smoothies and get ourselves and Norah packed and ready. I should listen to him more often.

This one didn't help much. She slept in, drank my smoothie and then watched Finding Nemo while we packed.


She was in charge of her backpack and her juice. Serious responsibility.


Usually, by the time vacation comes to an end I am very ready to get home, sleep in my own bed, etc. But leaving made me completely and totally sad. Like I wanted to cry kind of sad. Norah did in fact cry and said she never wanted to leave Hawaii. BVZ may have done the same thing. We had such a good time and Norah was such a good kid the entire time. It was just really nice to be able to spend so much time just the three of us and devote all of our attention and love just to her. It was good for our souls.

Thanks, Maui. We'll be back.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I have felt like crying each of the 3 times I have left Hawaii. The feeling doesn't go away for a while.

What a beautiful end to your trip.

meganastone said...

Thanks for giving me tears with the "good for our souls" comment =)

aileen said...

Loved reading the recap of every single day of your wonderful vacation.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

What a great vacation. I heart Hawaii so much.

Norah is so ready for a 14 hour flight.