Saturday, September 18, 2010

Favorite Hobbies

Norah has 2 new favorite hobbies. The first is washing dishes. She fills up the sink with soap and water and will triple wash any dish I give her. It pretty much totally soaks the kitchen, but keeps her busy for a solid half hour. The other night we listened to an old Fiona Apple cd (which she loved), I made a shrimp noodle bowl, and she washed dishes. We didn't even really talk, but it was the best half hour of my day.

Her other new favorite hobby is wearing 'big girl underwears.' She asks for underpants when we are at home and is regularly peeing and pooping on the potty like she's always done it that way. After a few poops in the little potty I knew there was no way we could go on that way (I have major smell aversion right now and diapers are bad enough), so we got her the little seat that goes on the big toilet and we're both in seventh heaven. She still has zero interest in wearing underpants outside of the house, even at Ruby's, which I am totally fine with. I am still not down with the public potty situation, so for right now I am more than happy to push the diapers when we go out.

1 comment:

JAMS' HOUSE said...

That’s so great with Norah using the potty.
In case you haven’t seen these. This is what we use in lieu of a clean public restroom.

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-1730-blue-Potty-Blue/dp/B000F1MM2I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1284957949&sr=8-2

It works out great. The only thing is the replacement bags pricy.