Thursday, May 20, 2010

False Alarm

I am confident that Norah does not in fact have viral croup. This is evidenced, in part, by the fact that she slept in her own bed from 8:00 pm to 7:30 am without a single peep. I, of course, didn't go to bed until almost 1:00 am because I kept waiting for her to wake up wailing. When will I learn?

The big girl bed continues to be a big hit and she even took a 3 hour nap in it yesterday. It might have something to do with the fact that I bought her an awesome pair of pink crocs and each night I tell her that if she sleeps in her own bed she can wear the crocs the next day.

She is mildly obsessed with crocs. She had a pair that Ruby gave her (black mary janes) and a hand-me down pair from Caleb (red), which she wore into the ground. I still stuff her feet into the red ones because she begs for them but they were leaving indentations all over her poor little feet. I don't know how long the threat of non-croc wearing will keep her in her bed, but for now we are definitely going with it.

Even though I am certain she doesn't have croup, she certainly has a lot of snot. So much that while drinking her milk this morning it made her cough and then puke all.over.BVZ.twice. She wasn't much of a spitter uper as a baby and has had only a handful of puking episodes all of which have been directly on me (or my pillow). I was very proud of her.

In other news, we went to Target yesterday to return a bunch of medication that was involved in the current recall. Because we are lucky like that, we had a bottle of Tylenol, a bottle of Zyrtec, and a bottle of Motrin-all on the recall list (really, what are the odds?) Of course, these were the bottles of medications that we were giving Norah during the Great Rash Incident of 2010. Of course. Anyway, the Target returns employee tried to tell me that we couldn't return the medications without their original boxes because they wouldn't be able to scan the bar code. I very calmly told her that was idiotic because no one keeps the boxes. She reiterated that there was nothing she could do and wasn't taking them back. I reiterated that she was in fact taking them back and could she please do it now and stop wasting my time. I told her that I would be happy to show her pictures of how sick my kid was and that it was the PRINCIPLE of the matter that I was going to get my money back because I was in good faith sold a product that was then determined not to be safe. Besides, they were going to get reimbursed from the manufacturer anyway. She continued to fight me and so I broke out 'lawyer voice' (also known by BVZ as 'the tone') and she refunded all of my money.

Norah and I celebrated by buying Curious George band-aids.

I think we are going to have to establish that only injuries with actual blood get band-aids.

4 comments:

Isabelle Baeck said...

Yay for false alarm & double yay for the sleeping! Can you hold a class on 'the tone'? I'll bring the bevvies... ;)

Stephanie said...

I've heard the lawyer voice...bet you scared the crap out of her

Kristy said...

And Hooray for winning the battle at Target. I have had many arguments with the return counter and usually they win. You will have to teach me how to use that "lawyer voice" that you speak of!

Maryellen said...

I am so happy that Nanor doesn't have viral croup. Also, I totally want to hear your lawyer voice. I think it might make me giggle.