Monday, November 01, 2010

World Series 2010

So, the San Francisco Giants just won the World Series. This is a particularly big deal because the last time they won was 1954 (which of course means my least favorite professional athlete of all times-Barry Bonds-never won a national title). Anyway, as has been previously reported, BVZ is a life long Giants fan and routinely forces me to watch game after game after game. This season has been excruciatingly long because they just kept winning.

I have to admit, though, it was SO FREAKING CUTE how into the whole thing Norah was and how excited she was to be watching games with her dad. She would immediately perk up when either Tim Lincecum or Buster Posey was on the screen and cheer right along with BVZ.

The first two games were here in SF. Right after their first win we realized this was a once in a lifetime opportunity that BVZ simply couldn't miss (plus, a friend of his at work peer pressured him into it). So, he cashed in on every Christmas, birthday, and anniversary present for the next 5 years and bought a ticket to Game 2.

I told him he had to do several things: 1) drink as much beer as he wanted, 2) stay out as late as he could, and 3) take pictures for Norah. I was a little disappointed at the amount of beer he drank and the time he got home (like 10:00 pm-granted it was a work night), but he did manage to take a handful of pictures and sent them to us throughout the evening.

On the train on the way up:

Out in front of the ballpark:

In their seats:

Fireworks:

During the game:

As much as I complain about it, there is literally no better place than Giants stadium to watch a game. SF is awesome for a whole lot of reasons, but this place definitely ranks somewhere near the top.

So, congrats Giants and hooray for Norah and BVZ. Now can we please concentrate on more important things? Like the Real Housewives of Orange County, please?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

The other day we went out for dinner at a sports bar type place. They had the World Series on. This was the gist of our conversation:
Me: When is this crap going to be over?
Michael: You mean the World Series?
Me: No, I mean this worthless crap.

Sorry BVZ.

P.S. I agree that the stadium is awesome, although I've only ever seen it from the outside.

P.P.S. My uncle just got a job in Redwood City. I will have family to visit there soon. I'm thinking Spencer and Norah playdate.

Stephanie said...

Yay for BVZ!! He must be on cloud nine and you earned serious brownie points.

Maryellen said...

That's so cool. I'm really happy for BVZ and Norah. The pictures he sent you guys are great.

Pretty as the Morning said...

The stadium is beautiful and I would be excited for you except that our team lost. But I do think its cool that we have been to the stadium of the winning team this year.