Friday, November 05, 2010

Dancing

I danced with Norah a ton when she was a baby. For some reason, she responded best (ie, would stop crying) when I would sing either 1) "I'm the mood for love, simply because you're near me. Funny but when you're near me, I'm in the mood for looooove" or 2) "I've been dreaming of a baby like you, a baby to call my very own. I've been dreaming of a baby like you. A baby, a baby, like yoooooooou." She now requests the songs by name and demands to be dipped at the end.

I love that she not only dances these songs with me, but sings them too. She has started doing it with bear, baby, and in this case, Buzz Lightyear. She also does a fabulous frog (ala, Princess and the Frog) impersonation.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I hope I don't come off sounding like a child predator, but I could seriously watch videos of Norah all day long. You are raising such a sweet girl. I'm so excited for the person she's growing into every day.

Also, when you danced to these songs with Norah as a baby did you start jumping like a frog too? I hope your answer is yes.