Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Score

About 6 months before Norah was born I joined our local mother's club. The club is worth its membership fee in gold, because the group maintains an online message board where people ask advice, write reviews, and buy and sell baby/kid gear. It is where we have found painters, handymen, dentists, and where I have bought 75% of Norah's wardrobe. I LOVE used kid clothes. They are usually in fabulous shape because kids grow so damn fast, and are always a steal.

Check out what I got from a mom today for $25. It was literally 3 garbage bags crammed with baby boy clothes from 3 to 12 months. I stopped counting the pairs of pants when I got to 30. There are pants, shirts, sleepers, rompers, swimsuits (which Norah described as 'Funky's underwears!'), overalls, onesies, and 6 pairs of shoes. It came from a mom of twins who was desperate to get her house back.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

That's awesome and really green of you. I felt weird writing that last part.

Tucker said...

Its a sea of blue!

aileen said...

Awesome! Yay for blue!

on the verge said...

I now know what not to get my nephew when he shows up in March. But he might still have room in his wardrobe for a cape ...