Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That's My Job

Daylight Savings sucks for a lot of reasons, but mostly because it is now pitch black at rush hour and people around here apparently forget how to drive once it gets dark. I was driving Norah home today and we were stuck in horrific traffic. I had told her the plot of Toy Story 2 about 9,000 times already and she wasn't interested in listening to her music or to NPR, so I was out of tricks. She tossed her bear on the floor of the car and then proceeded to whine about how much she wanted him. I reminded her many, many, MANY times that when she tosses bear while I am driving she has to wait until we stop to get him. She was not buying it and the whining soon turned to crying and screaming. Norah crying and screaming and bad traffic doesn't work well for me, so finally I raised my voice and said, 'You need to sit there and be quiet and STOP CRYING.'

After which she proceeded to yell, 'Let me cry! THAT'S MY JOB!'

Allrighty then.

(Unrelated photo of what she insisted on wearing on our walk the other day.)

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

My goodness you have a smart girl. That's hilarious. I wouldn't be able to argue with that logic.

Tucker said...

Ha! One for Norah.