Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Norah's First Word!

For a couple of weeks now, Norah has accidentally said a few words. Meaning, she makes a bunch of cute noises and sometimes they actually sound like words. Like the other day, I swear she said 'alligator'. Even though she is girl genius, she clearly didn't say alligator.

During dinner time we sing this song from her music class about all the animals who come together to hang out. With each animal you make a hand gesture and sing in the voice of the animal. So, when it is 'duck' you open and close your hand like a duck's mouth and sing 'quack, quack.' She always laughs at the duck (there are other ducks in her life, like in one of her favorite bedtime books and it is her favorite toy in the bath).

Well, tonight I swear she said 'QUACK' and moved her hand like a duck while I was singing to her! She did it at least 20 times before I wised up and got the camera, so this may be a little watered down version of what she did. It was very cool.

I am so relieved that her first word was not 'shit' (despite everyone's prediction).

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That's amazing!!! Let me teach her how to swim, please????

Maryellen said...

I love it I love it. She's such a little smarty.

aileen said...

That is SOOO awesome and amazing. All I get from Caleb is a bunch of jibberish.

on the verge said...

Quack-quack? That's her first word? Storkbite's destined for weird-kid disease. With these genes, she didn't stand a chance;) But seriously, keep letting girl genius play with the electrical cords. She's clearly trying to show you a better way to rewire your entertainment system. This knowledge will be crucial when she comes to L.A. for an auntie visit;)