Monday, April 13, 2009

Norah's First Easter Recap

Easter is a significant holiday for the religious and those who can get away with eating solid chocolate bunnies. I don't think I have done anything to actively celebrate the occasion for probably 15 years. But this year was different because I got to put together a basket for my very favorite girl.

We hung Easter egg ornaments on the ficus tree and I put her basket underneath it (well, kind of underneath it).

She caught sight of it after breakfast and made a mad dash.



I think she enjoyed her new book, puzzle, and tons of eggs filled with cheerios.











I revitalized a G family tradition of the bunny cake...

...for a party we had for Norah and her friends. Day One has been our home away from home these past nine months and we have met some fabulous friends there. So, we hosted eleven babies (all between the ages of 8 and 10 months!) and their parents for an Easter potluck.

Norah eagerly awaited her guests...

Everyone stretched out in the backyard. BVZ grilled up some burgers, there was beer, and the babies crawled all over each other. Pretty much a perfect day.














Check out the cuties!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun day. Good job on the bunny cake!

Maryellen said...

I love it. You're such a sweet mom. You did a great job on your first bunny cake. =)

JAMS' HOUSE said...

My family use to make the same bunny cake! Did Norah get to try some?

on the verge said...

Who knew a bunch of yuppie-babies and their parents could be so cute? Srsly, tho, you guys have the best dressed babies I've ever seen. I'm investing in Gymboree as I type this ... and yes, bro and I had a bunny cake when we were kids too (which I totally forgot about until I saw Norah's bunny cake!)