Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Easter Bunny

The other day Stephanie asked me what we were doing for Norah's first Easter. I think I said something like, 'Um, nothing. When is Easter, anyway?' She was horrified and then subsequently shamed and humiliated me into getting her an Easter basket. I then figured we would go all out and get her picture done with the Easter Bunny. I convinced some of our favorite baby friends to go with us, because who doesn't love watching babies cry at the scary bunny?

Norah got a beautiful pink dress from Mark's parents Pam and Don and so I got her all glammed up. She let me take her picture on the couch, but only after I let her chew on the remote for a bit.




This might be my new favorite picture of her. Who knew she could be so angelic?

Norah was thrilled to see all of her friends and was very interested in the Bunny. She stared and laughed at him and genuinely seemed excited to be there. That was until I put her on his lap and all hell broke loose.



These pictures don't really even do it justice, the ones we had to buy are even better. The worst part? The guy taking the pictures said I could wait a few minutes and then try again when she calmed down. I said no, I actually preferred the screaming one.

I thought we'd get a whole lot of screamers, but no, everyone else was perfectly happy to hang out with the Scary Bunny. Ruby was all smiles:

Ava, darling in her spring hat, smirked a bit:

Caleb stared straight ahead the whole time:

And June tried to rip out some bunny hair:

I made it up to Norah by letting her eat about 9,000 Cheerios (check out her new 'car' stroller--I love it!)


We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the babies. Norah was obsessed with the electrical outlet in the floor (yes, it has a cover).....

Hanging out under the table with Asher....

And climbing on TOP of his music table.

Good times had by all.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

First let me say that I LOVE Norah's dress . . . so precious. The pictures are sooo sweet. I haven't decided what to do about the Easter Bunny yet. Our Santa pictures turned out well - so I am not sure I want to press my luck with the "Scary Bunny". We will have to see

Maryellen said...

That's hilarious. I laughed at the progression of Norah's reaction.

She looked beautiful.

aileen said...

Yes... fun times had by all!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

priceless. love the dress

JM said...

Okay - I kinda need to you stop trying to de-Norm Norm. Norm's Norm-a-liciousness is about the only joy I get from life these days, and you're RUINING IT FOR ME.

on the verge said...

Ha! That's awesome that you actually wanted the screaming baby photos of little Storkbite on the scary bunny's lap! It will make good fodder for her when she grows up to tell you that you ruined her life and that she wishes she were adopted:)