Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Littlest Banshee

We are very lucky in that Norah is a mellow baby. However, having a mellow baby comes with a price--when she has a total meltdown we are at a complete loss for what to do**.

This was evidenced by what happened last night. She woke up at about 12:30 am, fussed, then yelled, then screamed bloody murder for about four hours. I have a sneaking suspicion that what she wanted was food (she had bad gas the past couple of nights so I had been nursing her back to sleep when she woke up around 11:00 pm--it soothes her stomach). I figured she was waking up in anticipation of food, but I wasn't about to give in to her demands (this is not me being a jerk--our pediatrician has advised us not to feed her between the time she goes down at 7:00 pm and 5:00 am or she'll never sleep through the night). So, I employed a little tough love and didn't nurse her. She screamed like a banshee and no amount of rocking, singing, walking, or cuddling would appease her. I tried to convince her that we weren't trying to waterboard her or anything, but I don't think she bought it.

As a result of our long night, morning playtime quickly turned into this:


Poor little hellion.

**Likewise, Norah doesn't have many blowouts. I think it's happened maybe twice that she's gotten actual poop on her clothes. Saturday, however, we went to get her a Valentine's present at Babies R Us (which will be revealed in a later post), and she took the world's most gigantic crap while we were out and about. We were at a total loss as to what to do and things quickly spiraled into panic mode. Thank goodness BRU has a family changing room and no one else was in it because it took both of us, 3 diapers, an outfit change, and 1,200 wipes to deal with the madness.

3 comments:

Ave said...

I guess I should feel lucky. Since Lilah has blowouts all the time, I always know what to do!

aileen said...

It seems to me that Caleb's blowouts are ALWAYS when I am out and about. I don't go anywhere unless I know where the bathroom is. Lucky you that Norah keeps it nice and neat most of the time.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm just one little snap at the crotch to undo, pull aside her diaper, LOVELY close up pics of her bald, puffy little p---y then gently rub it and video her kicking like mad to baby orgasm, she starts to gently sob as it hits and she doesn't know what it is, lick my fingers to taste her sweet c--t, if anybody comes it is so easy to just snap her closed and nobody knows, that's why I LOVE those outfits