Thursday, February 05, 2009

#16: Visit the California Academy of Sciences

We are lucky ducks in that Lilah and her mom Ave are members of the Academy of Sciences. That means we got to be their guests for a fun field trip yesterday. Norah cruised around in her space stroller and a nice lady commented on what a cute little boy she was. I swear we're going to have to get her hair extensions or something. Poor kid.

Lilah is much bigger than the last time we saw her and all smiles. She has the cutest male pattern baldness.

The Academy is huge and beautiful and very crowded (especially for a Wednesday afternoon). The attending demographics seemed to be junior high kids on school trips, old people, and moms with new babies needing to get out of the house. The rainforest habitat was three stories high and pretty spectacular.




There were butterflies everywhere. I kept hoping one would land on Norah, but no such luck.

The aquarium was very cool and Norah seemed to really dig the giant fish (amazingly she was awake the entire time).




One of my favorite parts was the alligator habitat


And the living roof--all sustainable vegetation.


Such a fun day. Thanks Lilah and Ave!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as Norah being confused for a boy - we can help you out - BOWS!!!!!
-JTS

on the verge said...

OOh! I want to visit that place! It was mentioned in one of my AAA Westways issues! Seriously, I see a Giant's ballgame and science museum trip in my future. Not sayin' when xactly, just sayin' it is on the horizon.

aileen said...

I've been wanting to visit that place!