Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Can't Win

Norah and I went to the mall today. While waiting for the elevator the inevitable happened:

Nice lady: Your baby is adorable.

Me: Thanks.

NL: How old is he?

Me: He's almost 8 months. His name is Norm.*

NL: Hi Norm! You are so cute!

[We get in the elevator]

NL: Does he have an older sister?

Me: Nope, he's my one and only.

[Silence]

NL: Hmm. His clothes are kind of feminine.

Me: That's how he rolls.

Argh! I can't win! I include the video to show her outfit today (the camera batteries were on the fritz)



*I really wanted her to say something about what a unique name Norm was because I had already worked out a story about how BVZ's favorite tv show was Cheers and we named the baby after the barfly character.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby and I are both laughing hysterically right now. I'm laughing at your post...she's laughing at me!

Ave said...

I want to get Norm a onesie that says "Real Boys Wear Pink."

aileen said...

She actually said "his clothes look feminine?" She was wearing her pink booties!!!

The GVZs said...

Well, to the nice lady's credit, her feet were covered by a blanket (a green blanket--sigh).

The H's said...

Norm is adorable. As soon as she gets some hair you can bow her up. Or just let her go by Norm. Whatever. She's still a doll.

Maryellen said...

Somehow I missed this post yesterday and Jen mentioned it today. It is hilarious! I don't know how you could tell someone that your daughter's name is Norm without laughing! You're my idol.