Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jumperoo Schumperoo

The baby equipment market is big and plastic and made of primary colors. We needed yet another piece of it like a hole in the head, but lately Norah pulls herself up on our legs and jumps like crazy, so we thought she would get a lot out of a 'jumperoo'. Now, I can't bring myself to buy any of this stuff new because it is awfully spendy and they get maybe a few months of use out of it (the same reason why I don't buy clothing that costs more than $5--she'll wear it 3 times and puke on it at least twice). So I am a slave to Craigslist and my local mother's club. I have searched for weeks for a jumperoo deal, all to no avail, so we decided that Norah deserved a new one and off to Babies R Us we went.

She pretty much hates it. She tolerates it for maybe 30 seconds. Then I take her out, she climbs up on me, and... jumps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh we just got Emma this monstrosity as well. She hated it too for the first week. By the second week she tolerated it and now she humors me and jumps every now and again. I might have a jump or two on video.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

I really wish I new you wanted one of these, because we have this exact one. AM refuses to go in it anymore (the whole walking thing). We would/will totally let you borrow it.