Monday, May 23, 2011

Reid

I know it's been a while since Amy and Reid visited, but I haven't really been able to look at the pictures much because it makes me so sad that they are gone. It's easy to describe the love you have for your kids, but a little harder to put into words how one might feel about your siblings' kids. I was only 25 when Megan was born and I had no concept of parenthood. I was dumbfounded by how strongly I felt about her the instant she was born (and before I even got to meet her), and how connected to her I have been ever since-even though I have never gotten to live in the same state and have obviously missed a lot of her childhood. Trevor and Reid are no different. I love them as though they were my own, and it breaks my heart that I don't get to see them every day.

Reid and Louis are only 3 months apart and will be best friends no matter what (they don't really have a say in the matter). They are obviously too young to interact in any meaningful way, but I am convinced they made a real connection.

We actually didn't do much while they were here other than hang around the house and try and survive two babies. We did make it to the beach, though.

They rolled around a lot in their matching outfits.... I had these onesies made for them (if you can't see it, Reid's says, "Lou's BFF" and Lou's says "Reid's BFF"). However, it was totally coincidental that they were wearing the exact same pants. Reid showed up in California wearing them and it just happened to be what I put Louis in that morning. Fate indeed.

Although a good night time sleeper, Reid sucks a lot at taking naps. However, he LOVED our giant bed and took several good snoozes there.

This look happened often. Reid would turn his head and just stare at Lou's face for as long as we would let him. It was beyond cute.

Norah thought Reid was beyond fabulous, even though he loved to pull her hair. We'll take him, anytime, anyplace.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This made me cry. I love yours as if they were my own too.

Maryellen said...

You have an ooey, gooey side. i love it! Those little dudes are sooooooooo adorable!

Tucker said...

I miss you all so much I dont even know what to write yet, it burns too much. But these pics always make me laugh, ha!

Kristin said...

Aw, this makes me want to have a baby just so you can love him too!

Kristin said...

That picture of Reid looking at Lou is pretty amazing. It's like he's saying, Yep. That's Lou. I love him.