Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day Redux

On the real Mother's Day we all had food poisoning. Then a week later I was sidelined with mastitis. So, this Sunday we finally had our long awaited Mother's Day celebration. Norah woke me up with a card that she and Louis had both "signed" and we all had breakfast together.


Even Bear.

BVZ made mimosas (I had to sit down after just one).

Then we packed up and went to the beach. The day before BVZ told me, "we have a surprise for you tomorrow" and Norah whispered "we are taking you to the beach." Hey, at least she whispered. Unfortunately it wasn't the greatest beach day and was very chilly and windy. You can't promise to take Norah to the beach though and not deliver, so we persevered.


See this hoodie? It does not belong to us. I am not sure who it belongs to (I suspect Caleb?) but Norah loves it and wants to wear it every day (we'll give it back, I promise).

BVZ packed an awesome picnic of baguette, brie, salami, cucumbers, celery, hummus, and strawberries. We learned Norah does not enjoy salami.


Lou spent the time either napping or making out with his dinosaur.

Norah came home and made me this drawing. She told me it says, 'Happy Mother's Day' and it was just for me. But then later she told me it was her menu, so who knows.

(As an aside, Norah is really into pretending she is at a restaurant these days. She will sit at her table and ask for a menu. I have to say "Hello, Madame. My name is Tiana (from Princess and the Frog) and I will be your waitress for the evening. Would you like to see a menu? What can I bring you to drink, we have milk or water." She will then order her drink and ask to hear the special. I tell her what the special is, ie, what she's getting for dinner, and she tells me, "I will have that please." Whenever BVZ asks her what she had for dinner she says, "oh, just the special." It's quite the production, but hey. Whatever works).

The rest of the day was spent napping and doing house related chores (although I did sneak away during nap time and bought myself a pair of shoes). Lou did some tummy time-which he HATES-but Norah helped by entertaining him, which he loves. She says she's helping him exercise.

It was a long time coming, but a great day. Although the one thing I wanted was for BVZ to get a picture of me with the kids. That didn't happen. We'll try again one of these days.

3 comments:

Pretty as the Morning said...

I love that your only request was for a picture with the kiddos. That was my only request for mother's day too, since most of our pictures during the first few weeks were either with visitors or I was the one taking the picture.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a nice day. I glad you were able to have weekend free of puking and sore boobies!

Maryellen said...

Tiana, that was a perfect Mother's Day!