Monday, May 30, 2011

Hair

Dealing with Norah's hair has continued to be a struggle. She fights me when I try to brush it, fights me when I try to wash it, and fights me when I try to put a clip or pony tail in it. Lately I have been too exhausted to do any of these things, so she usually wins the fight. Luckily the curliness of her hair tends to hide the tangles. And the dirt. Last weekend at a birthday party, my friend Suzy remarked that it looked like Norah's hair was starting to lose a bit of its curl. Sadly, I had to admit that it was most likely the dirt, sweat, and grease weighing down hair that hadn't been washed in oh, a week. Oops.

We checked out a book from the library called "Ella Kazoo Won't Brush Her Hair" about a little girl whose hair grows so long and so tangled that it gets in everyone's way. That seemed to inspire her, so this afternoon I bribed her with a cookie AND an episode of World World and spent about 20 minutes brushing out the rat's nest on the top of her head.

I had no idea how much hair she actually had. She could totally be on Toddlers and Tiaras.

5 comments:

k-dog studios said...

she's ready for her tiara.

JAMS' HOUSE said...

No hair piece needed, but I have feeling she wouldn't go for the fake tanning :)

Maryellen said...

You are so funny! Norah does have a lot of hair. Lucky girl!

Tucker said...

Business in the front, party in the back Norie!!!

Jennifer said...

How 'bout some leave in conditioner after bath? We've got the same tangled mess of hair over here and I think that helps.