Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Pictures

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new camera that I have only taken out of the bag a handful of times. I am trying, trying, trying to be much better about it and pull it out more often. I know nothing about the camera (one of my goals before Lou was born was to read the instruction manual....um, didn't happen), so I am just using it on the automatic setting to get used to the lens, light, etc. I will get better. I hope.

The other day we ran some errands and Norah insisted on dressing up in a dress, sunglasses, hair bow, purse for her, baby, and purse for baby.

Then she insisted on smearing lipstick (ie, cherry chapstick) all over her face.

He's very handsome (and serious).

Norah's baby (sometimes called Rapunzel) has her hair in two pig tails, so Norah has been insisting on "Rapunzel hair" lately. Ruby's mom thinks she looks like Abby Caddaby (I totally agree).


On Thursday, Norah asked if she could get a new Easter dress. I said sure. We went to Target and I pointed out a number of dresses, but none of them were "just right." One wasn't pink enough, one was too green, one had too many flowers. I couldn't get over how cool it was that she had such a strong opinion and could express herself so well, so I totally went with it. Then she asked if we could go to the mall. How could I say no to that? We went to THREE different stores before she found something acceptable.

I think she picked a perfect dress.








Louis loves to play on his sister's bed and thankfully she is happy to oblige him. Notice her socks on her hands? Those would be her mittens, which Bubby convinced her she needed to wear since our house belongs in sub-zero Antarctica.







By the end her hair was pretty askew, but she still looked pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Nita_Gilger said...

Great job on the pictures!!! I can't believe that Norah already likes to shop that much. She did choose an adorable dress. Louis is adorable. Thanks for the updates.