Thursday, April 07, 2011

Buzz Lightyear Has a Penis

Understandably, Norah is very interested in Louis', ahem, anatomy. Because I am a big believer in being honest and being accurate, the other day we had a long discussion on what a penis is, who has one, and what they are used for. You know, for peeing. Norah totally gets that boys have a penis and girls don't and likes tell me who has one and who doesn't. The other day I drove her to Ruby's and she told me that Dad, Louis, Caleb, Ruby's Dad, Trevor, Calliou, Gaston, Tony (our 97 year old racist neighbor) and Uncle Mark all have penises. Conversely, Bubby, Norah, Ruby, Belle, both Megans, Pamma, and Loretta the Cat do NOT have penises.

I thought we were done with the penis talk but apparently not because at Target today Norah announced (out of the blue, mind you): BUZZ LIGHTYEAR HAS A PENIS.

I suppose he does.




Norah has a little doll she carries everywhere. She named the doll Rapunzel and Rapunzel has pig-tails. For the past couple of days she has insisted on having "Rapunzel hair."

5 comments:

Nita_Gilger said...

I have to tell ya, I LOVE Norah! What a fabulous child. I so enjoy getting to follow her bright, wonderful mind in your blog. Imagination is so awesome! And what a good mom you are to go with the moment of teaching.

Natalie said...

#1- You have the best, most attention catching blog post titles. Always.
#2- Spencer does the "who has a penis and who doesn't" thing daily.
#3- Awesome hair and cute dress too.

Jennifer said...

Glad to know we are not the only ones who have daily conversations on who has girl parts and who has boy parts.

I love Norah's Rapunzel hair - so adorable!

Kristin said...

When did she get bangs? Super cute

Maryellen said...

I read this one out loud to John and we both laughed multiple times. Hilarious.