Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Easter Bunny

Ever since Norah started noticing Easter stuff in the stores (so, like the day after Valentine's Day) she's been asking when she could go see the Easter Bunny. He finally got to the mall yesterday, so today we gave into her obsession. The entire way there she kept talking about how she was going to tell him Happy Easter and then tell him that she wanted a Bullseye like Ruby's. I had to break it to her that the Bunny was not the same as Santa and he brings eggs, not presents. I thought she was going to be very upset, but she thought about it for a minute and asked, "are the eggs going to have candy in them?"

I agonized whether or not to get a picture with both kids. On one hand, Louis isn't even 6 weeks old, and the Easter Bunny is wearing a giant furry costume that probably hasn't been washed since 1973. And he has no opposable thumbs. On the other hand, I don't want Louis to look back and be all like, 'um, I had been born by Easter 2011. Where the hell am I in the pictures?' Ultimately, my fear of other kids cooties won out. That and he was asleep by the time we got there.

Norah insisted on wearing these sunglasses. They aren't even hers. I think they were left at our house on a playdate. Anyone want to claim them?

She ran right up to the bunny and gave him a giant hug and wished him a Happy Easter about 300 times. Then she told him, 'I really, really love Bullseye.' I am sure he had no idea what she was talking about.

We then bought BVZ a pair of work shoes at Nordstrom's and went out to lunch. Win for us.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute. Is that Hillsdale? Those are probably Ava's sunglasses since she has 492 pairs.

Maryellen said...

Norah looked absolutely adorable for her picture with the Easter Bunny. I LOVE her socks.

Natalie said...

We did the Easter Bunny last year. $30 bucks. I think we're skipping him this year.

Ava said...

Ok, I don't know if Bullseye has found a home in our pad just yet, but I got this for one of G's friends at school:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MFEHIO
It was super cute