Monday, March 21, 2011

World Affairs

This is the conversation Norah and I had the other day:

N: "What are you guys talking about?"

Me: "I am talking to Dad about Libya."

N: "Olivia! I know her. She's a funny little pig. She's my friend."

Me: "No, not Olivia. LIBYA. It's a place. You know how you live in California? That's a place. Libya is a different place."

N: "I like Olivia. She crayoned on the wall and got a TIME OUT. [NB: In one of the Olivia books, Olivia is unimpressed with abstract art at the museum and thinks she can do a Jackson Pollock on her kitchen wall.] What a funny little pig."

4 comments:

Kristin said...

N sounds a little like Bubby here. ;)

Maryellen said...

Hahaha. I love it!

Kristin said...

By the way, one of my favorite things is turning nouns into verbs. "Crayoned" just might might make it into the chapter.

Jennifer said...

This seriously made me laugh. Eliza has recently started watching/reading Olivia and I have to agree with Norah. She is a funny little pig!