Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Louis: One Month


Yesterday was Louis' one month birthday. Bubby and Norah made him a cake-yellow with white frosting and sprinkles. Bubby let her eat so much frosting during the decorating process that she didn't even want any cake when it was finished.

Louis is a big ball of awesomeness. He had his one month check up yesterday and he weighs in at 9 lbs., 5 ozs*, which is almost exactly a pound over his birth weight and his doctor was very pleased. He has grown another inch and a half which makes him taller than he is fatter. Everything else looks great and his pediatrician couldn't hear his heart murmur. Which means either he was moving too much or it is in fact already closed.

He is such a sweet baby. He is starting to smile a lot, albeit mostly in his sleep, and loves, loves, loves to be cuddled (in fact, he is really starting to protest ever being put down). He was pounding 4 oz bottles of milk at a time but I think that really started to aggravate his mild reflux, so he now seems to prefer light snacks of 2 ozs at a time. He gives us a good 4 hour stretch at night, so we aren't complaining.

He loves getting a bath and when you nuzzzle his neck. He hates diaper and clothing changes. He tolerates hugs and kisses from his sister. I feel like his entertainment options are somewhat limited since he doesn't do well laying on his back or tummy on the floor (because of the barfing), so we have started doing some book reading and toy playing (and by playing I mean me shaking toys in his face), while sitting up. I think he likes reading Brown Bear the best.

He is a bit of a fitful sleeper at times, but I think that's in large part to his tummy issues. When he's really, really asleep he snores. He sleeps between us still, on his side, facing me. We hold hands.

We really, really like him. I think we'll keep him.

*I went back and looked at what Norah weighed at one month. Over 11 lbs!!! WTF was I worried about with that kid? She was a monster!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe sweet Louis is already one month old. I love you all.

Nita_Gilger said...

Nothing better!!! Gotta love these babies!!!

Jennifer said...

He is just too cute for words!