Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Bed

Our house is small and our bedroom is smaller, so we always figured that it didn't make any sense to get a king sized bed. However, over the course of the last year or so BVZ and I realized that if we were going to stay married it didn't make sense to NOT get a king sized bed. BVZ's back problems mean that he twitches a lot when he sleeps and pregnancy screwed with my body temperature so much that I can't have anything or anyone even remotely touching me when I sleep.

We (and by we I mean I) did a ton of research into different bed options and about a week before Louis was scheduled to arrive we went and looked at both Tempur-pedic and European Sleepworks beds. We ended up going with a European Sleepworks bed and it was delivered and set up while I was still in the hospital. Oh my holy guacamole, it rules so much. It was a crazy splurge on our part, but my god worth every penny. It is some sophisticated design with natural foam, and coils, and who cares what else, the point is that it is HUGE and I can't feel BVZ moving at all. How we have been together for this long without this bed is totally beyond me.

Norah loves it too and she and I have been taking some seriously good afternoon naps in it. Even when I don't nap with her she asks to sleep there. I asked her the other day why she liked our bed so much better than hers and she said, 'because your bed smells like you' (and apparently Mrs. Potts).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We just got our king bed on Saturday and all I can say is "where have you been all my life?" It is pure heaven.