Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow?

According to all the weather forecasts, a crazy cold front was supposed to move in last night and there was the possibility of snow (for the first time in like, 60 years). It started raining in the middle of the night and we woke up to a dark gray sky, pouring rain, and blustery winds. Norah and I both have a cough and I am still super congested* so I told her that we could have a pajama movie party day.

She woke up at 6:30 am (I know, I know, this isn't that early, but we have gotten acclimated to her sleeping until at least 7:30 or even later), and demanded a 'warm and lovely bath.' I tried to get her to change into clean pajamas (I mean, really. I wasn't even asking her to wear clothes), but no way. The only thing she wants to wear these days, or nights, are her 'Jessie kajamas.' I am not sure why they are 'Jessie'-it is a Grinch Who Stole Christmas shirt and white and red striped pants. I guess they kind of look like chaps? I don't know. Regardless, she paired them with her cowboy hat and my wedding shoes (ie, her 'boots') and was ready to to settle into the couch and start the party.

Anytime I put my feet up on the ottoman Norah takes the opportunity to perch herself on my legs. She doesn't like to sit on my lap on the couch anymore because 'Funky is in the way.'

She will sit next to him and cuddle, though....

It is currently 10:17 am and we are already on movie #2. The sun is peeking through the clouds (there is so going to be no snow anytime soon), and I am going to do my best to drag her off the couch at some point.

*Last night I was coughing up something awful and generally feeling like crap. BVZ tried to convince me to take some Nyquil by rationalizing that Funky was 'already cooked.' Needless to say, I rarely follow BVZ's medical advice.

No comments: