Friday, February 11, 2011

Funkhouser Update: Week 36/37

I meant to update this week but time got away from me and now we're closer to 37 weeks than 36. Full term on Monday. Bring it.

I am officially over being pregnant. Truth be told I was pretty much done in like, well, September, but now I am really, really over it. I feel bad even complaining because Funkhouser is doing really great and honestly, that's all that matters. But, I am tired, grumpy, gigantic, and itchy. My cold and congestion continues to linger and I am beginning to suspect it is going to be here for a while. Apparently the massive amounts of estrogen can cause serious nasal congestion. Long walks, hot showers, and a crap load of Vicks-Vapo-Rub provide decent relief, but not being able to breathe is hard on a crazy lady with serious claustrophobia issues. Sleep is hit or miss (last night, or should I say this morning, I was awake from 3:00 until 6:00 am), but the anxiety isn't nearly as bad-thank you acupuncture.

My belly is super itchy and breaks out in a nice crop of hives every evening. It isn't PUPPPS and it isn't spreading, so I can manage it with ice packs and Benadryl before bed. Funkhouser has dropped really, really low and so walking, turning over in bed, and peeing is pretty painful. I was convinced his position meant things were starting to happen, but I had an internal exam on Wednesday (TMI alert-basically this consisted of my OB shoving her hand up my nether regions to see if there had been any change in my cervix). No change and there's nothing happening. Of course, this could change at any given time, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Funk's passed his NST with flying colors and my doctor said that he is a textbook perfect baby. That's just awesome.

I have one more week left of work and everyone at the office has already started in on the 'I can't believe you are still here.' Truth be told, work is WAY easier than hanging out with Norah. She and I went to music, the car wash, and the grocery store today and I am already about to collapse. We are spending the week before Funky is born together and I had all of these delusions that we would go to the zoo, the aquarium, the park, etc. Now, I am thinking we will be lucky if we make it to the movie theater and out for ice cream.

At some point I will do a post about Norah and how awesome she is. With cute pictures. Just maybe not today.

6 comments:

Maryellen said...

You make pregnancy sound awesome ;). I'm so happy to hear that Funkhouser is healthy and doing well. He's going to be awesome.

Nayoung said...

Home stretch!!

Stephanie said...

I miss you guys so much and wish we were closer to help you.

aileen said...

2 more weeks to go! What can I do to help?

Tucker said...

You are almost there pretty princess!!! Keep counting your chain links =)

Ave said...

Had to laugh when you said that work was way easier than being home with a toddler. Amen to that! Sorry you are so uncomfortable, but Funky will be out soon!