Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shout Out

BVZ is a great dad. He is perhaps the most patient person in the entire universe and really, really listens to what Norah has to say. They share a similar sense of humor and just fundamentally enjoy each other's company. I am not a sentimental sort, but I really love watching and listening to them interact. Work has been blissfully slow for him the past couple of weeks, so he's been able to spend some much appreciated time with Norah in the evenings. He typically gets home as she's finishing up dinner and they will either take a walk or play, or just dance in the kitchen. She LOVES to dance with him and when she hears his key in the door will throw herself at him and say, 'let's dance!' It's awesome.



In related news, it is no secret that BVZ doesn't have the best reputation as a cook. I mean, this is the man who when we were first dating invited me over for a 'homemade' dinner and served a frozen Stouffer's lasagna. His heart is in the right place, but I think he had convinced himself of his limitations. I enjoy cooking and like to think I am somewhat good at it, so naturally I have always taken the lead in this respect. When I was so sick at the end of pregnancy with Norah he really stepped up and made dinner every night. This consisted of us eating chicken nugget salad every.single.night. It is exactly what it sounds like-he would bake frozen chicken nuggets, cut them up, and then sprinkle them over bagged salad. On special nights he might add a diced cucumber. Over the past 2.5 years he has really expanded his repertoire, and I am happy to report that he has actually become quite the cook. He has resumed a lot of the cooking duties in the past few weeks and we have been enjoying a rotation of crockpot turkey chili, chicken tortilla soup, shrimp noodle bowls, and taco salads. Good work, BVZ. Good work.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Your rotation sounds delicious. I also LOVED the video!

Stephanie said...

So stinkin sweet to see Norah and BVZ dancing together

JAMS' HOUSE said...

So sweet.

I'm always in awe of how easy going BVZ is - how is that?