Saturday, January 24, 2009

Strollin'

Technically, Norah is still within the limits of her infant car seat, but she's getting too tall for it and she hates being confined in it. Plus, we needed to get another seat for BVZ's car since he is taking her to the nanny share in the morning anyway, so we went ahead and got her a convertible seat for my car and moved the infant one to BVZ's. She loves it (well, loves it as much as Norah is capable of loving a car seat). Since we never got a travel stroller system (we just had a snap and go that transformed the infant seat to a stroller), we needed a new stroller.

I have been obsessing about strollers for weeks now, researching online and dragging Norah and BVZ to stroller showrooms (scary that something like that actually exists!) on the weekends. I finally settled on the Quinny Buzz when I discovered the 2008 models were on sale to make room for the 2009's. (**Side note: apparently the bright blue or 'Capri' didn't sell very well, so it was even more on sale than the other colors. It is very bright and cheerful and I really like it. However, it isn't going to do much for the everyone-thinks-Norah-is-a-boy problem. I swear unless she's wearing bright pink people assume she's a boy. I had her in jeans and a white shirt yesterday--2 people told me I had a 'cute little guy.' BVZ took her to the grocery store today in her yellow pj's and several people told him his son looked just like him....**)

Anyway, strollers are ridiculously expensive and the whole process is about as stressful as buying a car! But, it was delivered yesterday and so today we took it on its maiden voyage.



She was much more enthused about it then it appears, she was just tired. Welcome to the family, Quinny!

3 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

"I discovered the 2008 models were on sale to make room for the 2009's."

This cracks me up. It's like the year end clearance sale at the Honda Dealership.

aileen said...

Beautiful stroller! I dragged my husband to Lullaby Lane yesterday which was a complete waste of time because in the end he said it was up to me.

Button said...

Nice new wheels! Our new BOB Revolution arrived yesterday and we took it for a spin this morning. New strollers are so fun! Jake and I were running through the Target.