Friday, January 23, 2009

Fat Man In Little Coat

Those of you who have been around for a while will remember the Tragedy of June 2008 (ie, my needing a business suit when I was 9 months pregnant). Luckily my job is one in which no dress code applies on a normal day, so I lived in maternity jeans and long sleeve t-shirts from the Gap. But, I had to do an oral argument in the First District Appellate Court last June and I was going to have to look presentable. I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something I would (hopefully) only have to wear once. Of course I waited until the absolute possible minute to buy something and tried to pull of buying maternity dress pants and pairing them with a black suit coat I already owned (obviously worn unbuttoned). I tried it on like 2 nights before the argument and immediately began crying because I was clearly Fat Man In Little Coat (for those of you too sophisticated to get the 'Tommy Boy' reference, I apologize).

Anyway, FMILC is what I thought of when Norah was wearing the pajamas featured below. She really doesn't do anything in the video, so don't feel compelled to watch it past the initial pj shot.

No comments: