Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Food

I am loving making Norah's first foods. We go shopping to pick out the produce (I like to think she is genuinely interested, but that's probably giving her too much credit), and then she sits patiently in her chair while I bake, steam, boil, and/or puree. So far she's had avocado, sweet potatoes, bananas, acorn squash, butternut squash, pears, apples and carrots. She's liked everything so far, but she goes nuts for squash and pears. The other day we baked a butternut squash and I forgot to set the timer on the oven.

Luckily there was enough good stuff to get at least 2 servings.

We tried yogurt this morning on advice of the pediatrician (in an on going effort to fatten her up a bit). She slurped up every drop of it and then proceeded to puke it all over my shirt 5 minutes later. She puked again an hour after that, and then once more right before bed. Yogurt puke isn't like breast milk spit up. This was real puke, that smelled like curdled milk. Lovely.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

Is Norah vegetarian?

Jennifer said...

Real puke . . . I sooo feel your pain!